Wednesday, June 15, 2016

THE SERIES: BEAUTIFUL OREGON COAST

TOP 'O THE DUNE

NATURES CATHEDRAL
I'm having fun with this series on the Oregon Coast! Got inspired on this trip and still have one more piece in the works. In these pieces I was inspired by the dune grass and other flora and fauna on the coast. I was able to capture moments with my camera, as in Top 'o the Dune and Natures Cathedral  .  In Sea of Grass  my intention was to capture the vibrant feeling one gets when standing in the midst of this amazing habitat. This painting was completed plein-aire and mostly alla-prima. I love using color to depict perspective and lead the eye.

Although the Newport Bridge had to be in the composition,
I did not want it to be the focal point. I am finding my style of using watercolor technique along with the texture of  impressionistic brush strokes to be what is working for me at this point.
SEA OF GRASS



Always finding happiness in my art world......sometimes the best escape and most positive addition I can give to a troubled world.

No comments: